Things to Look for When Renting a Boat
No two questions about the beauty of Los Roques. The place is so beautiful, you can spend your entire life at the beach and not get bored. It is mesmerizing. It takes you away from the hectic life and soothes your senses ÔÇô so you can enjoy.
With so much to do at Los Roques, cruising has always been the most preferred activity. The advantage of cruising is that it combines scuba diving and fishing together. You need to rent a boat when at Los Roques. Make sure you check for the following things before you make a boat rental agreement:
- There should be equal number of functioning life jackets or flotation devices on the boat, to the number of people who will board it. It is recommended that you and others try them and see if they fit. If a jacket doesnÔÇÖt fit someone, you can request them to arrange for the appropriate size.
- It is necessary that the crew demonstrates the steps to take in case of an emergency. You and others should know where to find safety equipment and how to use it. Boats are designed for a safe ride, however, it is always good to know the safety plan.
- The crew should know how to operate a boat, and be courteous and respectful to everyone. You can ask for their identity and certifications to operate a boat. If you have any doubts, it is better to raise questions now.
- Number of persons who will be on the boat should never exceed the maximum load capacity stated on the capacity plate installed by the manufacturer. It is dangerous to ride a boat that is carrying excess weight.
- Though you are not expected to know the mechanics of how a boat works, as a precaution you should get well acquainted with, at least, the steps to get a boat sailing ÔÇô like how to depart, and dock safely.
- You should be briefed about local hazards and regulations. You should be aware of the possible action plans you have to take. Also, get to know how other boats can interact with your boat when sailing in the sea.
- Check the local weather forecast before you decide to go sailing. You should avoid harsh weather such as rain and storm. The boats for recreational purposes are not made to withstand such weather. You can also get opinion from the boat crew.
Make your stay at Los Roques not just enjoyable, but also safe.